Teen Health Week: April 1-7, 2019
Penn State PRO Wellness, with funding provided by Children’s Miracle Network and GIANT Food Stores, is collaborating with global partners on the world’s first Teen Health Week, April 1-7, 2019. The goal of this week-long initiative is to raise awareness of how teens are affected by preventive care, vaccines, nutrition and physical activity, violence, oral health, and mental and sexual health. Teen Health Week 2019 is a global initiative encouraging teens across the world to take charge of their physical and mental health, and facilitate healthy habits they will carry throughout their lives.
Each day will focus on a specific topic related to teen health:
- Monday, April 1: Gender and Sexual Development
- Tuesday, April 2: Nutrition and Oral Health
- Wednesday, April 3: Preventive Care and Vaccines
- Thursday, April 4: Violence and Mental Health
- Friday, April 5: Substance Use and Misuse
- Saturday, April 6: Community-Specific Teen Health
- Sunday, April 7: Community-Specific Teen Health
Use the resources available on this site to promote Teen Health Week and/or for ideas on how to host events within your school or organization.