We all know how hard it can be to eat healthy at work. The constant supply of sugary, trans fat loaded healthy snacks for work sitting on the breakroom table requires too much willpower to avoid.
So we reached out to 49 health experts (i.e. nutritionists, dietitians, fitness coaches, doctors, and healthy lifestyle bloggers) and asked them one question:
What are your favorite healthy snacks to keep at the office (or wherever you work) and why?
We wanted to know plain and simple the healthy filling snacks they recommend. You see, the easiest way to stay healthy at work is to have healthy options readily available. That way we reach for the good stuff when we’re “hangry” in the afternoon.
Here’s a quick summary of the top 5 healthy office snacks (as voted on by 49 experts!):
- Nut Butter, Veggies
- Protein Bar
They break down why it’s their favorite and the health benefits of each. Plus there are some really interesting snacks you may not have considered before.
1. A handful of nuts and string cheese
2. Greek yogurt with almonds
3. Low sugar packet of oatmeal with nut butter
4. Nature’s Path Qi’a bar, Manitoba Harvest hemp heart bites, Nibmor dark chocolate, Justin’s nut butter
5. A piece of fruit with a handful of nuts
6. Raw almonds, seaweed snacks, Larabars and kombucha
7. Dried mango, dried apple, dried pear, and dried banana
8. “Sturdy” fruits with homemade trail mix
9. Dark chocolate nuts & sea salt KIND Bar
10. Almonds, dried fruit, and mini chocolate chips