Healthy Champion Schools
School Champions who enroll each year will receive a welcome kit in the mail in September. This kit will include membership information, promotional items, and a web portal password to access available resources online. Kits are available on a first come/first served basis.
Since 2003, PRO Wellness has had a longstanding relationship with Pennsylvania schools. Through partnership with Penn State Children’s Hospital, PRO Wellness helps schools promote healthy eating and physical activity, and improve upon school environments to help students make healthy choices. Through the Healthy Champions Program, PRO Wellness provides programs and health education materials including:
- Hershey Bears student ticket vouchers to active enrolled schools in Dauphin, Lebanon, Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Perry, Schuylkill, Northumberland, and Adams counties;
- tools and resources to host and promote four annual events promoting healthy meals, healthy snacks, and outdoor play (Apple Crunch, Go for the Greens, Move it Outside, and Walk to School Day);
- a banner and event/infographic posters;
- fact sheets, event planning guides, and promotional templates;
- special incentives through established partners where available;
- customized school champion reports; and
- grant availability when opportunities arise.
- growth screening implementation resources
The program is free to all schools in Pennsylvania – public and private, K-12. Enrollment occurs at the end of each school year for the following school year.
For questions about our Healthy Champions Program or enrollment, please contact Ellie Hogentogler.