Healthy Champion Schools
Since 2003, the Center has had a longstanding relationship with Pennsylvania schools. By leading an annual healthy champions campaign, the Center helps schools promote healthy eating and physical activity, and improves school environments to help students make healthy choices. Through the Kohl’s Healthy Champions Program, the Center provides programs and health education materials including:
- Hershey Bears student ticket vouchers to active enrolled schools in Dauphin, Lebanon, Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Perry, Schuylkill, Northumberland, and Adams counties;
- tools and resources to host and promote four annual events promoting healthy meals, healthy snacks, and outdoor play (Apple Crunch, Go for the Greens, Move it Outside, and Walk to School Day);
- a banner and event/infographic posters;
- fact sheets, event planning guides, and promotional templates;
- special incentives through established partners where available;
- customized school champion reports; and
- grant availability when opportunities arise.
- Growth screening implementation resources
The Program is free to all schools in Pennsylvania – public and private, K-12. Enrollment occurs at the end of each school year for the following school year.
School Champions who enroll each year will receive a welcome kit in the mail in September. This kit will include a web portal password to access available resources online. Kits are available on a first come/first served basis.
For questions about the Kohl’s Healthy Champions Program or enrollment, please contact Ellie Hogentogler.