Original source: http://www.farmtoschool.org/our-work/farm-to-school-month
October is National Farm to School Month! Join us and thousands of schools, early care and education sites, farms, communities and organizations across the country as we celebrate food education, school gardens and lunch trays filled with healthy, local ingredients. Here are several easy ways to get involved:
- Ways to get involved
- Take the Pledge: Pledge to get informed, be inspired and take action for farm to school in October, and you’ll be entered to win support for farm to school activities at the school or early care and education site of your choice! Take the pledge here.
- Be Inspired: Follow the National Farm to School Network on our blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see inspiring examples of farm to school success and innovation.
- Get Involved: Explore our national calendar of Farm to School Month events to see how you can celebrate in your state.
- Spread the Word: Shout out about farm to school and share what you’re doing for National Farm to School Month with the hashtags #F2SMonthand #farmtoschool on social media.
- Explore Resources: Check out our free resources for planning and promoting celebrations in your community, including our *new* Farm to School Month Celebration Toolkit, customizable posters and bookmarks, stickers and more.
- Free downloadable resources
Everyone can celebrate National Farm to School Month! The National Farm to School Network has developed resources and activities to promote Farm to School Month in schools, early care and education settings, communities and media outlets.
Throughout October, we share stories and information on our blog about how farm to school is empowering children and their families to make informed food choices and contributing to vibrant communities. Our resource database is home to even more information and includes searchable tags for Farm to School Month as well as topics like farm to early care and education, school gardens and procurement.
Here are a few key resources to help you celebrate:
- Farm to School Month Celebration Toolkit
- About Farm to School Month Fact Sheet
- Getting Started with Farm to School
- Getting Started with Farm to Early Care and Education
- Farm to School Advocacy
- Farm to School Month Posters
- Farm to School Month Logos
- Farm to School Month “Save the Date” Postcard
- Farm to School Month Stickers
- Farm to School Month Bookmark
- Farm to School Month Coloring Pages
- Sample Farm to School Champion Award & Invitation
- Sample Farm to School Month Government Resolutions
- Child Nutrition Site Visit Guide
Happy National Farm to School Month!