Every Kid Healthy Week: April 22-26, 2019
Launched by Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) in 2013, Every Kid Healthy Week is an annual observance on the calendar of National Health Observances that celebrates school wellness achievements. Observed the last week of April each year, this special week shines a spotlight on the great efforts schools nationwide are doing to improve the health and wellness of their students and the link between nutrition, physical activity and learning — because healthy kids are better prepared to learn!
How can you join the celebration?
Anyone can get involved and be a part of the celebration to help support sound nutrition, regular physical activity and health-promoting programs in schools. Every Kid Healthy Week is all about celebrating your school’s wellness initiatives and inspiring new ideas to promote healthy eating, nutrition education and physical activity. Schools can show their commitment to wellness by hosting an event that focuses on healthy kids and families. Parents can encourage their children’s schools to host an event, volunteer and keep the celebration going at home. Looking for a new idea for your Every Kid Healthy Week event? Visit EveryKidHealthyWeek.org for free resources, activities and inspiration.
Every Kid Healthy Week Event Ideas
- Host a healthy foods taste test featuring fruits, vegetables, whole grains & low-fat dairy products.
- Invite a local fitness instructor to volunteer to lead a family Zumba or yoga class.
- Create a school garden or refresh an existing one – invite parent volunteers to help.
- Plan a school-wide Field Day, Walk-a-Thon or Fun Run – engage parent volunteers to help with organization.
- Combine these ideas and work with community partners for a full health & wellness fair!
Still not sure how to get started? Visit ActionforHealthyKids.org/GameOn for more activity ideas, resources and tips – including ways to engage volunteers to support your needs!
Put your school on the map!
Demonstrate your commitment to healthy kids and healthy families! Join the national movement for school wellness by registering your event at EveryKidHealthyWeek.org.